December Book Haul


         




My first purchase was of Carrie by Stephen King, after 
watching Sanne's (Booksandquills) review of the novel I felt 
compelled to read it myself. I should add that i am in no way a 
common reader of the horror genre and I expect that this may
be my portal into that world.



Next came N-W by Zadie Smith, after hearing a lot about
this book online, I eventually submitted to the temptations and
bought it. I was particularly attracted my the brightly 
coloured cover and interesting designs.








City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare was given to me by 
a friend, I have previously read the first book in the
Mortal Instruments series and enjoyed it heavily-
this book was much the same.


Admittedly, I may have bought this book due to peer
pressure from my mother but nonetheless I have heard
excellent things about The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
and am keen to read it before the movie adaptation's
release on the 31st of January.


Wool by Hugh Howly.


Possibly the best of them all. A Doctor Who Encyclopedia!
You can probably imagine the high pitched squeals of 
delight that I made when on Christmas day I tore off
festive wrapping paper to reveal this magnifican beast!


Here is the video that accompanies this blog post:




Comments

  1. CALLING ALL PEOPLE OF ABOVE AVERAGE AWESOMENESS LEVELS TO COME AND LOOK AT THIS WONDERFUL WOMAN'S BLOG BECAUSE SHE IS RATHER SPLENDID. I must say I am now rather tempting to post a book haul of my own... *shuffles towards mountain of books...*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homeware Haul!